Re: Possible follow-ups...

On December 15, 2000 at 23:27, Gerry Hickman wrote:

> What is really bad is where you get mixed up between "sent" and
> "received" date. For example Outlook Express tends to use the "received"
> date by default, but some list servers use "sent" instead, so at one
> stage I had the first reply as the root of the thread with the original
> message showing indented as a "possible follow-up", LOL!

Is "sent" that actual message header field name?  Received fields
provide the date that a message was actually received by the system.
You may want experiment with the DATEFIELDS resource.  Since "sent" is
not a standard field I am aware of, you may be safe to do the
following:

<DateFields>
sent:received:date
</DateFields>

Therefore, messages that do have a Sent field will have the date
take precedence of the Received date.

--ewh