Re: N900 consumes too much power

Dne 6.8.2012 06:08, rixed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx napsal(a):
-[ Sun, Aug 05, 2012 at 08:20:17PM +0200, Pavel ??ezní??ek ]----
I am connected all the time to WiFi at home. But even outdoors when not
connected, my battery discharges in a couple of hours.
You should try setting the N900 in flight mode (or offline mode,
whatever it's called) so you can make certain your's not using
wifi nor 3g nor anything. Then see how long your phone lasts.

Also, while doing so, open a terminal and run "top" for a minute or two
to check CPU usage by programs. Top itself and Xorg should be on top,
with only a few % of CPU.

Thank you, Rixed.
I'll try the second suggestion.
The first really kicked me! I've never used the offline mode because I want people to reach me on my phone number. So I wasn't really right I don't use GPRS/2.5G/3G. I am connected to my cell operator all the time even when not connected to their data services! I just only use the call and SMS services. To be clear: Is it normal to be connected to this basic services all the time with an N900 device? Or did you, Rixed, recommend me to go offline only for testing purposes? To test if the battery lives longer?

A progress anouncement for everybody: I've installed the CSSU! I plan to watch the battery life in the next days.

Pavel