Re: Download of 10MB after internet connection

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:53:30 -0600
Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+maemo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Official Nokia answer about this kind of stuff seems to be that N900
> is made for flat-rate data plan. I think it even says so on the box.

Unfortunately this is also an energy problem. In issue 23/2010 p176, the
german "c't magazin" published a report in which they modified a
Motorola Milestone to measure the actual energy consumption.

According to the report the download of a 2 Megabyte file took 80 mWh
on GSM, 20 mWh on UMTS and only 1.3 mWh on WLAN.

I don't have my box nearby so could perhaps anyone tell me wether it
says that you should not get out of reach of power outlets? ;)

Anyway, on my phone I also disabled automatic updates, but I rarely
remember to search for updates manually.