Re: Vim - syntax highlighting

2010/6/18 Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail <francisco.diaztrepat@xxxxxxxxx>
Thanks Claudio.

Will this help me to auto detect .go files and highlight them?

I am not that familiar with vim. Would you recommend more cool configs?

Actually, not. The thing that would enable automatic syntax highlighting would be that. Edit a file called ".vimrc" that should be in your home directory (/home/user):

vi /home/user/.vimrc

It should have:
syntax on

Then save and quit. After that, vim will try to enable syntax highlighting for every file you open. If it has syntax files for go, it would recognize and highlight it automatically.

Note: vim is a very powerful and able text editor. I'd recommend some place like http://www.vim.org to get acquainted to it. And it is very fit for small keyboards like the N900 keyboard because it does not use many Ctrl- and Alt- combinations.

Best regards,
--
Cláudio "Patola" Sampaio
IRC: ptl  - Yahoo: patolaaa