Re: Vim - syntax highlighting

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail <francisco.diaztrepat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, I am trying to work with some syntax highlighting but cannot make it work.

I created the .vim directory but I feel I am in the wrong track.

Any body made it work?

Any other suggestion to get an IDE like or IDE to program with?

Mine works wonderfully. Are you calling vim by typing "vim" or "vi"? "vi" is actually a symlink to busybox, so it's a very stripped-down version with no syntax highlighting.

I did manage to add vim as an alternative for the 'vi' symlink, and now I set it up by "update-alternatives --config vi" (as root):

Nokia-N900:~# update-alternatives --config vi

There are 2 alternatives which provide `vi'.

  Selection    Alternative
 +        1    /bin/busybox
*         2    /usr/bin/vim

Press enter to keep the default[*], or type selection number:

--
Cláudio "Patola" Sampaio
IRC: ptl  - Yahoo: patolaaa