Re: Quality assurance of "stable" software: my battery drained in few hours

On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 12:18 +0200, Andrea Grandi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 29 May 2010 12:11, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Andrea Grandi <a.grandi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> I went to sleep at 3:00, I wake up few minutes ago with the N900
> >> powered off. There was not any active connection when I went to sleep,
> >> so could anyone please explain me WHO drained my whole battery?!
> >
> > Can you ensure that your phone doesn't create connections automatically?
>
> yes I'm sure. I never let it connect automatically. And just for you
> to notice: once I really forgot to disconnect before going to sleep:
> when I wake up I still had more than half of the battery, but this is
> of course not the case.
>
> So my "suspects" are:
>
> - the Twitter widget available in OVI (if it's this, congratulation to
> people who publish software in OVI store without let testers to test
> it in extras-devel / extras-testing)
> - the facebook widget (very strange since it's available from the
> beginning, someone should have noticed this bug)
> - something really weird introduced with PR 1.2 (no comment).
>
> Regards,

	Not that it's an answer, but I hold OVI in the worst regard. OVI should
be drawn and quartered. I downloaded an app from OVI to my E66, short
story I ended up reflashing to get rid of unwanted behavior.
--
Best Regards,

Peter The Plumber