Re: Quality assurance of "stable" software: my battery drained in few hours

Hi,

On 29 May 2010 12:11, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Andrea Grandi <a.grandi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I went to sleep at 3:00, I wake up few minutes ago with the N900
>> powered off. There was not any active connection when I went to sleep,
>> so could anyone please explain me WHO drained my whole battery?!
>
> Can you ensure that your phone doesn't create connections automatically?

yes I'm sure. I never let it connect automatically. And just for you
to notice: once I really forgot to disconnect before going to sleep:
when I wake up I still had more than half of the battery, but this is
of course not the case.

So my "suspects" are:

- the Twitter widget available in OVI (if it's this, congratulation to
people who publish software in OVI store without let testers to test
it in extras-devel / extras-testing)
- the facebook widget (very strange since it's available from the
beginning, someone should have noticed this bug)
- something really weird introduced with PR 1.2 (no comment).

Regards,

--
Andrea Grandi
email: a.grandi [AT] gmail [DOT] com