Re: PR 1.2: no location in IM status without Maps?

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:58 AM, Hauke Lampe <lampe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I just updated to PR 1.2 and the location feature of the IM client stopped working. The satellite icon keeps blinking and never sets a location as it did in the previous release.
>
> If I start Maps and keep it running in the background, it works and displays street-level location in my IM status again (most of the time, sometimes it fails, too, even if Maps shows the correct street name).
>
> Is anyone else seeing this? I'm quite sure not to have installed extras-Packages that would impact the IM client or location features.

I see it also, since N900's release and also on my N95 for the last
few years. It doesn't happen every time, but happens often. Usually if
I reboot the phone it'll go back to normal again.

On N900 also many people have better luck using supl.google.com as the
location server instead of supl.nokia.com -- but I have no proof that
it's really better. Maybe it's just a placebo.