Re: PR1.2 is here

Hi!

Am Tue, May 25, 2010 at 03:42:31PM -0500 schrieb Paul Hartman:
> > I thought reflassing was something from the past since Nokia started distributing the updates as packages with Diablo. Why is it
> > necessary to reflash?
>
> Because for most of the world (other than UK) it's not available as
> SSU yet, only as the firmware image. And we are impatient, despite
> after waiting months, we want it on our precious N900 right now. :)

Dunno if I got it all right but let me summarize what I experienced so far:
 - some hours ago the packet manager informed me about a Maemo 5 update.
 - when I try to install it, it recommends a backup and asks me to connect my
   phone with the PC suite (which is assumingly some Windows crap and I don't
   use a Linux phone to then need a Windows PC to upgrade it).
 - so I tried apt-get dist-upgrade which asks me to upgrade more than 1000
   packages which fails because of insufficient disk space.
 - so the only possibility for me to get the new version on my phone would be
   to reflash it and then pray that nothing goes wrong and I will have all the
   software installed like before.

Did I miss something? Isn't their a more comfortable way?

Regards
Oleg
--
"Why do all the things have to change