RE: PR1.2 is here

I am doing my upgrade via apt-get dist-upgrade.  I've installed an
incredible amount of cra... err, interesting applications and have often run
into space problems.  To get around this I have done a few things.

First, I moved the apt cache into the /opt directory   In my case, I moved
the directory, and then added a symbolic link so /var/cache/apt points to
/opt/cache/apt.  I did the same thing with /var/lib/dpkg pointing to
/opt/lib/dpkg and /var/lib/apt pointing to /opt/lib/cache

Even with that, I was told I needed 133 meg and I had less than that
available in my /opt filesystem.

To get around this, I went to /opt/cache/apt/archives and did a  'rm *'

Then, I ran apt-get dist-upgrade.  It took about half an hour for me to
download everything and is taking at least that long to unpack and install
everything.  It has had a few hiccups due to network problems and other
issues, so I've had to restart the process once or twice, as well as do an
apt-get -f install at one point to fix problems with dependencies that got
messed up along the way.

In spite of all of this, I still think that using apt-get from the command
line is the best approach.

Aldon