Re: Dealing with N900 responsiveness (or lack of thereof)

On 20 April 2010 16:52, Dawid Lorenz <adl@xxxxxx> wrote:
I'd like to follow-up on this a little. Basically, after nearly two months since launching this thread and moving my N900 into much lower swappiness value (I currently have 30), frankly I can't see much difference. What usually happens is that after few days of overall performance gets horribly undermined, probably due to more and more things getting into swap space. Sometimes I struggle to take a call, just because screen doesn't really catch up on time. Utterly frustrating, so in order to remain sane, I simply have to reboot the device, just in order to "refresh" memory. Not very convenient.

I did a test with swapoff -a today, which completely cleared swap space, yet despite Conky reporting about 70'ish percent of overall RAM usage, so with pretty good margin available, I couldn't launch any application, as it has been kicked out with "Too many applications opened" message. Is there some kind of internal maximum limit of memory usage beyond which launching any app is refused?

--
Dawid 'evad' Lorenz * http://adl.pl

null://google 'no evil' mail has taken away my random signatures