Re: AW: Bluetooth PAN on N900

Hi,

Andre Klapper wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 08.04.2010, 16:06 +0200 schrieb André Hänsel:
>> Dave Neary schrieb:
>>
>>> For me, the best Bluetooth PAN page is
>>> http://wiki.maemo.org/Bluetooth_PAN
>> You mean, that is the place where the correct information should be?
>> Certainly, I agree, but that doesn't help me setting up Bluetooth PAN. ;)
>>
>> There it says, one must install the maemo-pan package, but there is no
>> maemo-pan package, neither in the preinstalled catalogs nor in the three
>> extra repositories.
>
> I think maemo-pan is in the Maemo4 (diablo) repository. I don't
> recommend using that repository on Maemo5 (fremantle) though if you
> don't exactly know what you are doing.

OK then - what is PAN? How can I share a network connection from my
cellular device (N900 or other) with other devices over Bluetooth from
Maemo 4 and Maemo 5 devices?

Let's make the page better, if it has incorrect information on it. I'm
no bluetooth expert, but I know how to click an "Edit page" link.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
maemo.org docsmaster