Re: Bluetooth PAN on N900

Hi Andre,

For me, the best Bluetooth PAN page is http://wiki.maemo.org/Bluetooth_PAN

If http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Unsupported_Bluetooth_profiles#PAN
contains some more up-to-date information, it should be integrated into
the "Bluetooth PAN" page.

And if Maemo PC Connectivity provides an easier/better way to do it,
then it also should be documented in "Bluetooth PAN".

Looking at the pages, "Bluetooth PAN" says at the top that it's
specifically for using the device as a PAN client to use another
device's network connection, which the "Unsupported bluetooth profiles"
page mentions bluetoothd, which is the server-side of the equation.

So if you want to connect your N900 to another device to get on the
internet, then follow "Bluetoth PAN", and if you want to allow other
devices to share your N900's network connection, enable bluetoothd and
add network to main.conf (I think).

Cheers,
Dave.

André Hänsel wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> what is the current way to enable Bluetooth PAN networking on the N900?
>
> Removing "network" from main.conf?
> (http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Unsupported_Bluetooth_profiles#PAN)
>
> Or installing maemo-pan? (Where is it?)
> (http://wiki.maemo.org/Bluetooth_PAN)
>
> Using DUN instead? (I didn't try, don't know how to set up connection)
> (http://wiki.maemo.org/Bluetooth_DUN)
>
> Installing maemo-pc-connectivity?
> (http://intr.overt.org/blog/?p=94 -> Comment 6)
>
> A combination? Something completely different?
>
> Regards,
> André

maemo.org docsmaster
Email: dneary@xxxxxxxxx