Re: ovi maps : problems

Ooops, that was supposed to go to the list. Sorry Ville!

On 21 Feb 2010, at 18:51, Ville M. Vainio wrote:

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Johan Helsingius <julf@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I thought N900 was one of the top products of Nokia
also for these kind of services..

As the Symbian phones sell in much higher volumes,
it seems the free navigation app for Symbian had
much higher priority - unfortunately. I agree it
sends a strange message about the N900.

Making the navigation free for Symbian was not much more than flipping
the price bit. N900 navigation app doesn't have turn-by-turn
navigation at all, so there is nothing to make free.

Fair point Ville, BUT it does seem abit cruel of Nokia/Maemo/whoever's job it is to develop the Ovi Maps client for the N900 to not release a client without the basic functions of a proper GPS navigation client like Ovi Maps.

I have used Ovi Maps for years on my E61, and E71, and have happily paid for the turn-by-turn nav, for at least 2 years.

I would happily pay for it on the N900 also, but so far, it doesn't seem to be forth coming.

I don't care about when/why/whatever it comes to the N900, I just want it to happen.

thanks,
bernard