Re: Not enough memory

Hi,

ext Jason wrote:
On a more technical, get-it-done approach, my problem with OOM was
too much crap in /var/cache/apt/archive/ .  There are two ways to
handle this in a more user friendly manner.  Instead of the OOM
error message, offer to run 'apt-get clean', and/or symlink
/var/cache/apt out to /home/.var.cache.apt .  Which I just tried,
and seems to wfm.

$ sudo gainroot
# cd /var/cache/
# mv apt /home/.var.cache.apt
# ln -sf ../../home/.var.cache.apt apt

AFAIK:

* Application manager doesn't have caches on rootfs, but on
  the 2GB partition.

* However, if you use apt _directly_, you need to tell it to
  use 2GB partition for its caching like application manager does.

Marius can maybe confirm this.

	- Eero