Re: Not enough memory

"Tamminen Eero (Nokia-D/Helsinki)" <eero.tamminen@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> AFAIK:
>
> * Application manager doesn't have caches on rootfs, but on
>    the 2GB partition.
>
> * However, if you use apt _directly_, you need to tell it to
>    use 2GB partition for its caching like application manager does.

There are a number of caches involved, and I don't know the latest
information about where they are unfortunately.  Some of them got moved
around recently, I think.

The caches are:

   /var/lib/apt/lists/     - Packages and Release files from the repos.
   /var/cache/apt/         - 'compiled' binary representation of above
   /var/cache/apt/archives - downloaded packages