Re: Recording calls

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Craig Woodward <woody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In any case, this is not new territory for phones in general or for Nokia.  Several Nokia
> phones have had the ability to record conversations.  My Nokia 6230i has the ability to
> record calls, but for "legal notification reasons" emits a muted beep/tone every 5
> seconds while it's recording.  The tone is at about 10% of the volume of the call and
>lasts 1/2 second, every 5 seconds.

In Symbian phones there are many call recorder apps, including the
ability to disable the warning beep (since it's not required in all
places, as you described). Recording into various formats (AMR seems
preferred for voice since it has a very small size). And features like
auto-uploading your conversations to a FTP/web server for later
reference, rather than storing all only on the phone.