Re: Recording calls

Some guidance (very limited though) from Wikipedia on the legal aspects.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_recording_laws

Hartti

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 7:14 PM, sebastian maemo <sebastian.maemo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2010/1/14 Kevin T. Neely <ktneely@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Recording conversations is a useful tool, but also illegal or highly regulated in many jurisdictions, so that might deter developers somewhat.

I'm not a lawyer... but I think you're wrong (in general).

Of course, laws depend very much on the country you live... but IMHO recording a conversation in YOUR own phone is perfectly legal and you don't need to warn anybody about it, because you are recording YOUR conversation...

What is completely illegal is to record conversations of other people, or even making illegal use of your own conversations when other people is involved...

That's MHO and I'm not a lawyer :-P

--
Salut,
Sebas