Re: N900 battery duration

Eero Tamminen wrote:
>> The previous test was without a SIM card. The device was very idle and
>> run for 93.75 hours (with a guessed few hour error marginal).
>>
>> After charging the battery I inserted the SIM card, rebooted and started
>> a new test.
>
> Why reboot?

So that I know the start scenario is the same. Not rebooting and doing
several tests in a row easily leads to increased memory consumption,
dying processes and weird behaviour.

> I would expect most people just to charge without shutting down
> the device.

Of course. I'm not booting the device in normal usage.

> (You may remember that e.g. N8x0 use less battery if it's put to
> offline-mode instead of being shut down for the night.)

How's that possible? Offline mode shuts down the wireless stuff but
still runs the cpu. And, afaik, shutting down the device shuts down the
cpu etc. as well (not sure what happens if you have alarms there). Do
you happen to have a pointer to some old discussions or wherever this
has been explained?

--
Tuomas