Re: n810 Internal Memory Read Only?

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:18:07 -0700
lakestevensdental <lakestevensdental@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I gather you don't have a recent backup/restore option?  There is a
> reason for this utility....  :)

	Yes there is! And I have several recent backups ;) The problem
	is; because Claws isn't the built in client; I can't selectivly
	restore just the email files. Because the "other" backup
	category also lumps in; for ex; my GPE files which have been
	updated since the backup, which the restore would then wipe out
	my current GPE files.

> I don't know if this will work, but I kind of vaguely recall having
> something like it happen to me.
>
> * Make a backup, include everything.
> * Try copying the claw files to your external card.
> * Then delete them on the internal card,
> * then (perhaps after uninstalling and reinstalling?) start Claws to
> see if it works.
> * If it works, then (shut down Claws) and save a copy of the new
> working folder somewhere (not the same as the old folder -- in case
> the next step messes things up).
> * Copy the appropriate old files back into the working Claws folder.
> If it's one folder that is corrupt, it might mess things up for
> everything, so you might test one folder at a time until your sure it
> works.
> * Boot Claws and see if it reads your old files.  If it works fine,
> clean up the extra folders.  If it doesn't work, delete the old files
> and restore the new ones and relegate yourself to losing your old
> emails.

	Essentially that's what I did. I've relegated myself to losing
	the emails, but I'd like to see if I can learn how to possibly
	retrieve them for the day when it's critical.

> Caveat, I think this worked to clear up a problem I had with Claws,
> but can't be sure.  My Claws works now, I can't exactly recall how I
> got pass the problem but this is what I recall.

	Mine works well again so in the ends alls well.

Best Regards,
--
Peter The Plumber sm
State Licensed Master Plumber