Re: Starter Tips

sean wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> 	I just purchased a used N800, and it arrived a little earlier today.
> Just looking for any real user tips as to get the most out of the device?
>
> I hope that it can replace my aging palm as best as possible, but I have
> read of the lack of built in PIM, GPE seems to be a common recommendation.

The built-in PIM apps are primitive in the extreme: it's astonishing
that anyone could have felt they were releasable, but Nokia conceived of
the device as a web tablet instead of a PDA or even just a pocket computer.

I use the GPE ones and they're OK but of course they don't mesh with the
rest of the device, which assumes you're using the built-in ones. It may
be possible to change the behaviour but it's not a show-stopper.

Otherwise it does pretty much everything my laptop did.

///Peter