Re: command-line for Bluetooth copy ?

Andrew Daviel wrote:
> (actually, I wonder why the BT implementation on Linux needed to reinvent
> the wheel, and could not just appear as another transport layer like Ethernet
> or FDDI. Then scp/ssh/smb etc. would just work.)

The PAN profile does exactly this and linux can do it. The protocol
handling the transport layer is called BNEP (bluetooth network
encapsulation protocol).

There is Maemo-PAN GUI or you can use shell script to establish the
connection, see
http://www.internettablettalk.com/wiki/index.php?title=Diablo_PAN
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6794

Frantisek