Re: command-line for Bluetooth copy ?

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Andrew Daviel wrote:

> Is there a simple command that can be used with rsync to send files to/from
> the tablet over Bluetooth ?

Thanks for the hints, guys.

On my laptop (FC9):
- set /etc/sysconfig/pand to "PANDARGS='--listen --role GN'"
# service bluetooth stop
# service pand start
# pand -l
bnep0 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx GN
# ifconfig bnep0 172.16.1.1

On my tablet (N810, diablo):
# apt-get install bluez-utils-test
# pand --connect xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
# pand -l
bnep0 yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy PANU
# ifconfig bnep0 172.16.1.2
$ rsync -av whatever user@xxxxxxxxxx:somewhere

Looks like ssh,scp will work from either end. Should be possible to run
bridging on the laptop, too. (Or in WiFi Adhoc mode). Really the only
time I'd want to do that is for loading tiles into Maemo Mapper when
there's a wired connection but no wireless, and I've got a laptop with
me. Otherwise it's more if I take the tablet and laptop sailing, away
from access points, and want to use the laptop keyboard to program on the
tablet.

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada