Re: N8xx ponderings

kenneth marken wrote:
> lakestevensdental wrote:
>> FYI, you can install Ubuntu Easy Peasy on a Linux netbook with a
>> couple easy steps.  Dual boot to XP or Xandros is possible.
>> Also, if you've got a spare XP license floating around, it's
>> relatively simple to install XP on a linux netbook
>> <http://www.multimolti.de/blog/2008/12/14/install-windows-7-on-asus-eee-pc-900/>,
>> nLited or not.  FYI, my nLited XP eee netbook running at a modest
>> 600M speed boots from solid state memory in about 15 seconds, about a
>> minute faster than most any other XP I've used.  It's truly
>> impressive how well XP runs when you nLite and remove all the MS junk
>> you never use or need.  I also just upgraded from 500M to a SODIMM 2G
>> internal memory card for $25.  Meanwhile, my ntablet appears stuck
>> with a whopping 128M...
> fully aware of it, but does that info help a customer that may not
> even have restored the os of any previous computer without grabbing a
> nearby geek?

Easy Peasy really is easy to install.  No wizardry at all.

An XP netbook install isn't quite as simple, but the link above gets the
job done with only a few more clicks that Easy Peasy, especially if you
torrent an nLited XP for your install instead of nLiting yourself.

Or buy a six pack of beer, bag of chips and salsa dip, locate some beer
guzzling geek to do the work for you over chips and beer while you watch
March Madness.  This stuff ain't rocket science.

Always, Fred C