Re: Nokia device usage

Julius,

I have been meaning to look into rsync and based on your input I will do
so to see if that solves the problem I had with file transfer back to
my  laptop, which runs Windows Server 2000 in dual boot mode (the flip
side of the dual boot config is RHEL).

Although the laptop os a ~10 year old IBM Thinkpad, The bluetooth is
provisioned using a Kensington bluetooth 2.0 USB dongle. The software
and drivers, although they are spec'd for Windows XP, seem to install
just fine on Server 2000 without any apparent damage to the Windows
registry. This software exposes  a very rich set of bluetooth service
capabilities. In fact , I can, while the laptop  is tethered to  my
mobile phone for cDMA/EVDO access to the Internet, also perform
bluetooth file transfers to the n800 without killing off the
Laptop<=>Mobile phone connection. I discovered this by accident.

I have to say that I was surprised and impressed to learn that the
Bluetooth 2.1 specification is over 1400 pages and now that I see the
range of capabilities that the Kensington Bluetooth software provides
with a version 2.0 device,  I better understand why the spec is so lengthy.

In a way it surprises me how the addition of a small device like this (I
don't recall paying much for it) has allowed me to extend the life of a
~10 year old laptop, whose foremost virtue beyond its basic reliability
was, is, and will always be, its keyboard. I just wish the batteries
lasted as long as the rest of the hardware.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad