Re: Nokia device usage

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 02:09:35PM +0000, Tony Green wrote:

> > I am curious to find out what people use their Nokias for. If anyone
> > could share their usage patterns, it would be appreciated.
>
> As an E-book reader it's excellent. Means I have hundreds of books with me wherever I go and I don't even need a light on to read. And as I'm currently reading Anna Karenina, it's a hell of a lot lighter than the book would be.

It's the first E-book reader I've liked, to the extent that some of my
eobooks are being read more quickly than my paper books.  It's wonderful
for reading in bed.  he only problem is finding enough e-books that are
in non-proprietary formats.  Baen books has a free on-line library
(many of the free books are the first in a series, the rest of which are
have to be paid for, but they seem to be available in free file
formats).  Of course there's project gutenberg for much older works, and
the author Cory Doctorow makes hos published works available for free
download from hos web page.  Both Baen books and Cory Doctorow find that
free downloads seem to increase actual sales.

-- hendrik