Re: N810 with GSM radio

Marius Gedminas wrote:
> 3G is UMTS (or WCDMA); HSDPA is sometimes called 3.5G.

In the UK,  O2 only use HSDPA for their "3G" service, apparently. When
you buy an iPhone with them, they mumble about their 3G actually being
rated faster than normal 3G and make excuses about the naming convention
being tied to the iPhone not having a different icon for HSDPA.. It's
fast though. Very fast.
> When I heard that 3G uses different frequencies in different countries,
> and that not all 3G phones support all frequencies, I was rather
> disappointed.

This has nothing to do with the phones or manufacturers. Countries
assign different parts of the spectrum to different uses. You can't
dictate to the world that a specific frequency is "universal", because
*someone* will be using it *somewhere*.