Re: Itouch v N8x0

Gary wrote:
> Also, I'd have been hard pressed to by a Nokia tablet were netbooks on
> the market at the time I bought my N700 and N800s... esp. now that
> some of them are down to US$300.

 My daughter had a netbook.  She had a hard time giving up her full
sized laptop because when she wants to take a break from studies she
just clicks on Sims2 and dives in.  Her laptop with a modest graphics
set is pressed playing Sims 2.  A netbook would be further pressed,
although it probably just a chipset and process upgrade away from
crossing that barrier...

  Long story short, I've ended up with her netbook.  I've played with
Ubuntu, and XP Pro.  It sees light duty while browsing in bed and I need
to type something more than what I want to do with the stylus on the
n800 or YouTube a little smoother.  The touch screen is a lot easier to
use in bed.  Getting my netbook better synced with my laptop (or
desktop) might help, but I've not had the time to sort task that out.

 If someone starts out with a decent recent release netbook, I suppose
that might be all one needs for many mobile/work applications.  It would
seem to make a very nice small footprint workstation for many business
applications.

--

Always, Dr Fred C
drfredc@xxxxxxxxxxx