Re: Limited life of flash memory

Mark wrote:

> ...by which you're admitting that no wear levelling algorithm is perfect...

Yes, sure, nothing is :-) Still I think anything is beter than FAT
filesystem with synchronous writes (FAT table updated after writing each
cluster) which is typical usage for memory cards. Ext2 or even ext3
witch asynchronous writes and noatime should be much better.

Here are quite interesting links I found later

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/984032#984032
http://www.linuxconf.eu/2007/papers/Engel.pdf
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubifs.html#L_raw_vs_ftl