Re: Unzip utility for endusers

Hi,

ext Faheem Pervez wrote:
> The existing ones are busybox ones which frankly suck. For example,
> busybox's tar will not accept the j argument which is used to uncompress and
> untar *.tar.bz2 archives.

It seems that Busybox could support bzip2.  File a bug and it could
be enabled for Fremantle.   Currently the tar related options there
seem to be:
CONFIG_TAR=y
CONFIG_FEATURE_TAR_CREATE=y
CONFIG_FEATURE_TAR_GZIP=y
# CONFIG_FEATURE_TAR_BZIP2 is not set
# CONFIG_FEATURE_TAR_LZMA is not set
# CONFIG_FEATURE_TAR_COMPRESS is not set
# CONFIG_FEATURE_TAR_AUTODETECT is not set
# CONFIG_FEATURE_TAR_FROM is not set
# CONFIG_FEATURE_TAR_OLDGNU_COMPATIBILITY is not set
CONFIG_FEATURE_TAR_OLDSUN_COMPATIBILITY=y
CONFIG_FEATURE_TAR_GNU_EXTENSIONS=y
# CONFIG_FEATURE_TAR_LONG_OPTIONS is not set
# CONFIG_FEATURE_TAR_UNAME_GNAME is not set
CONFIG_FEATURE_TAR_TOUCH=y

We might not add new tools to Busybox, but I don't see why we wouldn't
enable features in existing tools that make them more compatible with
their desktop variants (if they really do them more compatible).

If you notice any other similar features missing that could be enabled
to Busybox, please list them in the same bug (or create another one) and
put me on CC.

	- Eero