Re: Music Player Exasperation

Just a note to all who responded or are reading this topic:

I've gotten a few responses privately, but it seems people are forgetting to reply to the list instead of to me.

So far the best solution is that I wrote a Perl script to go through my entire music collection (which is all in flac, as I've said) and rename each file so the track number precedes the track title. It works for now, but there's still a deficiency in media players that it leaves open.

Someone suggested using MPlayer, but that only lets me load one song at a time, which simply won't work for a music player in most circumstances. (For example, I'm listening at the gym and don't want to take my hands off the elliptical machine to punch in stuff while I'm hot, sweaty, and not able to focus too well on my N800.

Hal