Re: Changing wireless password

Andre Klapper wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 05.11.2008, 12:46 +0000 schrieb Peter Flynn:
>> Our campus has parallel wireless networks, one for staff/faculty
>> and  one for students. Both use the same settings but different
>> usernames/passwords:
>>
>> I deleted the entry for the student network and checked the
>> settings for the staff network, and it's clearly trying to connect,
>> but it comes up with the "failed to authenticate" error, presumably
>> because the password has changed -- but I cannot find anywhere to
>> tell it to use my new password.
 >
> gconftool-2 --recursive-list /system/osso/connectivity/IAP
> will provide output of the connections that are stored on your device.
> Check the value of EAP_wpa_preshared_passphrase for the affected
> connection.
>
> Running
> gconftool-2 -s --type string /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/$STRING/EAP_wpa_preshared_passphrase foo
> will reset the current value to foo - you must change $STRING to the ID
> provided by the output of the first command.

Unfortunately that didn't work, although the first command does report
that the EAP_wpa_preshared_passphrase is set.

But is that the right field?

In the interface, "WPA pre-shared key" and WPA with EAP" are two
mutually-exclusive settings for "Security Method", and I'm using WPA
with EAP because that's what the network uses.

///Peter