Re: Changing wireless password

Am Mittwoch, den 05.11.2008, 12:46 +0000 schrieb Peter Flynn:
> Our campus has parallel wireless networks, one for staff/faculty and one for
> students. Both use the same settings but different usernames/passwords:

> I deleted the entry for the student network and checked the settings
> for the
> staff network, and it's clearly trying to connect, but it comes up
> with the
> "failed to authenticate" error, presumably because the password has
> changed --
> but I cannot find anywhere to tell it to use my new password.

gconftool-2 --recursive-list /system/osso/connectivity/IAP
will provide output of the connections that are stored on your device.
Check the value of EAP_wpa_preshared_passphrase for the affected
connection.

Running
gconftool-2 -s --type string /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/$STRING/EAP_wpa_preshared_passphrase foo
will reset the current value to foo - you must change $STRING to the ID
provided by the output of the first command.

All just theory, did not test this in reality.

andre
--
Andre Klapper (maemo.org bugmaster)