Re: Changing wireless password

Andre Klapper wrote:
> gconftool-2 --recursive-list /system/osso/connectivity/IAP
> will provide output of the connections that are stored on your device.
> Check the value of EAP_wpa_preshared_passphrase for the affected
> connection.

Interesting, very many thanks.

In the meantime I had deleted the connection, rebooted, and re-entered
it, and when I connected, it behaved as before: reported authentication
failed, and never asked for a password. That must surely be wrong.

So now when i run gconftool-2, the connection is listed, but there is no
value for EAP_wpa_preshared_passphrase (ie it's null).

> Running
> gconftool-2 -s --type string /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/$STRING/EAP_wpa_preshared_passphrase foo
> will reset the current value to foo - you must change $STRING to the ID
> provided by the output of the first command.
>
> All just theory, did not test this in reality.

That certainly set the value OK. Now I must wait until tomorrow when i
am on campus to test it :-)

Many thanks. Do you know why there is no password prompt or password
management in the applet?

///Peter