Re: Repeat quetion : Diablo update to OS2008HE ? (Was: Software Choices for New Nokia 770?)

Denis Dimick wrote:
> . $400 for a n810 is a lot to shell out when you can buy a small
> laptop, Acer, Asus, etc. and have a system with just a tad larger
> footprint.
>
> Just my .02,

My two cents -- I've got both an EEE pc AND n800.  They fill different
niches.  I find the n800 great for RSS, email (Claws), simple web
surfing, and poking around a couple simple games in bed.  Stuff a touch
screen does well.   Who wants to sit up and beat on a keyboard when one
is snuggling under the warm blankets...?

  When I do feel inspired enough to sit up and keyboard, I use the eee
for YouTubing and other video oriented surfing plus minor editing for
email and blog reply's.   I've just installed Ubuntu eee on the eee's
external card, which makes it so you can boot into ubuntu or xandros,
which is nice.  Getting XP installed is next.

  Of the two, the n800 sees a lot more use.  I could probably do without
the eee, you'll have a battle to take away my n800.