Re: Repeat quetion : Diablo update to OS2008HE ? (Was: Software Choices for New Nokia 770?)

Fred,

From my perspective I'm not sure what would be blocking liqbase from running on the 770.

I believe the only none standard things it uses are the XV library and the XSP raw mouse information.
If you would like to run liqbase from the console and send me the output I will be happy to give it a run through and see whats going on.

I will be happy to attempt to get it running on all Nokia maemo devices, and hopefully it would be a minor tweak :)

Gary

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 6:52 PM, Fred Pacquier <fredp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ryan Abel a écrit :
> On Oct 27, 2008, at 7:27 PM, Urivan Saaib wrote:
>> I've been playing with Diablo on my n770 for several months. It has
>> been
>> fairly stable.
>
> No, you've been playing with Chinook. Diablo is not available for the
> 770.

Well, this is a question I've meant to ask Quim for a while now, so here
is my opportunity. I've asked it here before without an answer, but some
threads on ITT have brought it back to light recently.

Despite the disparaging remarks by the Maemo team when OS2008HE came out
("end-of-the-line", "too much for the poor beast" etc.), quite a few
people (including me) are satisfied with it breathing a new life into
their old 770. Maemo Mapper in particular, a rare example of commitment
to maintaining a native maemo app on all NIT platforms, works just fine
on it.

The problem we are having now is that some recent apps, or their Diablo
upgrades, fail to install or run, although they could be really useful
on a home-bound 770 : to name a few, Canola, Maemo remote (which also
uses EFL), or liqbase...

So, before the Fremantle wave definitely buries the 770 platform (and
maybe the N8x0 too), it would be really good to see a final update
bringing the main Diablo improvements to OS2008HE, so that it can still
run the latest relevant apps.

Is there any chance this will happen ?

TIA,
fp