Re: A bluetooth keyboard for $45 -> StowAway "Shasta" for Blackberry (would it work?)

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 7:29 PM, Aaron Newcomb <anewcomb2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well the keyboard cam in today and I am writing this email with it
> now. It took me about 30 minutes to get working. You must download the
> binary tarball at
> http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#kbdd
>
> Then extract it, edit the btkbd.conf file, make the files executable,
> put the keyboard in discover mode then run btkbd. After that the
> keyboard should work. I am running this on Diablo. The script requires
> you to be root which is one drawback.
>
> Response seems pretty good. The "/" key is in a wierd place though. I
> can't comment on battery life yet. Let me knw if you have more
> questions.

Excellent!. The only question that comes to mind is if all the
software couldn't be just packaged into a nice .deb for easy
installation by anyone without dropping to a shell.

(Not that I care, but others aren't so fond of the CLI)

Thanks for the reporting Aaron!. I hope I'm not bugging you but can
you take a pic of the extended keyboard next to the N800 so I could
see its relative size? (If you need web storage you could use
http://pages.google.com while logged in to your GMail account, then
upload the jpg there and get its URL).

FC