Re: A bluetooth keyboard for $45 -> StowAway "Shasta" for Blackberry (would it work?)

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 6:20 AM, Frantisek Dufka <dufkaf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fernando Cassia wrote:
>>
>> Like I said... you are supposed to shut it closed when not in use...
>> there's a contact there that disconnects the battery....
>
> This may be true for infrared one but the bluetooth one needs to retain
> pairing information. Once you disconnect battery pairing info is lost and
> you need to pair it again (pin is 0000).
>
> Frantisek

I said "disconnects the battery" because that's what happens with the
IR version.
In the bluetooth version perhaps the same contact disconnects the
RADIO which is the power-hungry element of any BT device.

What I do know is what I read on reviews... the unit is supposed NOT
TO waste battery operating when you fold it and close it.

You still haven't told us if the behaviour you experienced was with
the keyboard fully closed or if you left it standing in open position.

FC