Re: WiFi borked after update

Eero Tamminen <eero.tamminen@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> ext Marius Vollmer wrote:
>
>> Unlike apt-get, the AM tries to ignore broken packages so that, for
>> example, a broken maemomapper installation does not prevent a OS
>> upgrade.
>
> Um, wouldn't a "broken" package database be a good reason
> to refuse to do on OS upgrade?

Hrmmhrmmhrrrrmmmm.  Yeah....  But it is quite hard to unbreak packages
with only the Application manager, and if we do it right, there
shouldn't be any harm coming from unrelated, unconfigured or otherwise
broken packages.

Sometimes I am thinking that maybe dpkg should ignore most exit codes of
maintainer scripts, and the scripts would need to explicitly exit with
112 to let the installation fail or something... most maintainer script
failures in maemo are bogus.