Re: Maemo & sandbox

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 15:10 -0500, Michael Conklin wrote:
> I have no answer to your question here but I would be really
> interested to know if you get this to work. I would love to be able to
> use R on my N800.
>
> Michael Conklin
>

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Rick Bilonick <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>         Someone was kind enough to point me toward a web site showing
>         how to get
>         the statistics language R running on maemo. The web site
>         starts with
>         using "sandbox" but I'm not sure if I really need to use it. I
>         have an
>         N810 running maemo. Do I need this "sandbox" to compile and
>         install the
>         software on the N810? Or is the sandbox only needed if you are
>         compiling
>         on a different non-maemo system?
>
>         Rick B.

I haven't determined how to get R to work yet on the N810. My plan now
is to try to install the scratchbox software on my desktop computer and
try to create a maemo version. I tried to compile f2c on the N810 but it
was not successful. I don't have a lot of time to work on this but will
work on it as I get time.

Rick B.