Re: Not able to install modest (and other applications) again

Well if i where you i would start making regular backups of the entire
machine incase this happens again for you.

A few pointers though. DONT install modest as a package

Since its included in the new update, incase you missed that.

your Home directory will get blanked during the reflash.  Unless you
have mounted a flashcard as a home directory

If you read up some Linux scripting those backup tasks could be done
quite easily using cli commands.

Regards
Chris