Re: How to get Rotation in Advanced Backlight?

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Mark <wolfmane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Mark <wolfmane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Does the rotation function in Advanced Backlight depend on something
>> else being installed? The screenshot shows the setting and the
>> description mentions it, but it doesn't have that option on my N800.
>>
> I found this:
> http://sse2.net/rotate/
>
> Is this what's necessary to get the screen rotation function in
> Advanced Backlight?

(third time's the charm, last two were eaten)

Use qwerty12's rotation support on itT for Diablo.

and, no, a simple statusbar applet does not provides rotation support.
You need a patched xserver and kernel, among others things, we simply
detect for that and show the options if rotaton-support is installed.

Look for a more direct link from the website once qwerty12/jott gets
rotation support into Extras/Extras-devel.