Re: N810 Now Resets Very Frequently

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 12:16 -0600, Mark wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 8:09 AM, Rick Bilonick <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I flashed the latest version of maemo (the last one before Diablo). I've
> > also installed a lot of extra software. Now the N810 resets itself a lot
> > but I can't discern why or how to fix it.
> >
> > Rick B.
> >

> Hi Rick,
>
> The version of the tablet OS before Diablo is called Chinook. It seems
> to generally be pretty stable, but there are some apps that can cause
> spontaneous rebooting. Some of the "Home" applets seem to be
> particularly suspect. You might try uninstalling those if you have
> them and see if that helps.
>
> You also might try searching the Internet Tablet Talk forums. Here are
> a couple of threads that might be of interest:
> http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18413&highlight=resets
> http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2269&highlight=resets
> http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=973&highlight=resets
>
> Mark

Thanks. Your information was dead on. I deleted all of the "home" apps
(except for the one that shows the IP address) this morning. The
resetting and intensive cpu usage have not reoccurred at all so I'm
assuming it was one of these apps that was misbehaving. It's like night
and day. From now on, I'm only going to install one app and test it a
bit before adding another.

Rick B.