Send-Only Accounts in Modest

Hi Folks,

Has anyone figured out how to set up a send-only account in the default
Email client in Diablo (aka Modest)?  I have several addresses that
forward to a single account/mailserver that I retrieve via IMAP, and
then configure my mail clients with send-only accounts for the forwarded
email addresses that have no POP/IMAP receive accounts associated with them.

I tried creating POP3 accounts with bogus mailserver entries like
localhost.localdomain (as I'm accustomed to doing in Thunderbird to
solve this problem), but now Modest is complaining on startup that it
can't contact the mail-server for each send-only account.  I don't see
any setting to disable check-on-start for a given account.

Is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks,
Mike Lococo