Re: RoadMap on Maemo

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Joshua Layne <joshua@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree, but there is also a 'download current view' option - just doesn't
> work so well if you don't have a good 'current view' - which is what I was
> responding to Marius about (he was in a building with no GPS fix).

I've been trying this, and it's unsuccessful in downloading any new
data. GetMaps also seems highly unstable - after a first "successful"
attempt, it now freezes after it opens and I can't do anything at all.
I had noticed that the default server is not the usual OSM server, but
wasn't sure what that meant. Someone mentioned that it's an
experimental vector data server, and apparently they're using really
old data for that server. I added the map data for my neighborhood
over a year ago, and it shows up on the OSM main site. It's
aggravating that it's missing from what Roadmap is downloading, but
apparently it has nothing to do with Roadmap. I thought that maybe the
server was maintained by the Roadmap developers.

Mark