Re: Fresh start [Re: syncevolution]

On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 19:10 -0400, Phillip N. wrote:
> Now, i finish setup my timezone (im really -4 now in the device), and
> sync again. and the items are still not in sync with the timezone.
> I see items with this comming from the server:
> DTEND:20080627T230000Z
> DTSTART:20080627T193000Z
>
> Is that in the correct format? i mean, i guess the Z means its GMT+00,
> and my n800 has the correct timezone. I guess there is two options:
> a.- problem of the server sending the wrong time or timezone.
> b.- the timezone support is not 100% perfect?

Let me guess: you are using the Funambol server? That server doesn't
support time zones and therefore ignores the time zone information sent
by SyncEvolution. This is just one of many problems with iCalendar 2.0
support in the current Funambol release. The next release will add time
zone support, but it is not out yet and won't address some of the other
known issues. For the details, see [1].

SyncEvolution's (or rather Evolution's) support for time zones is pretty
complete. There were some issues in Evolution calendars with conflicting
time zone definitions, but those will be addressed in 2.22.3 and are
already handled by SyncEvolution >= 0.8 alpha 1 [2].

[1] http://www.estamos.de/projects/SyncML/Compatibility.html#Compatible+SyncML+Servers
[2] http://www.estamos.de/blog/2008/06/22/time-zone-handling-in-evolution/

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly