Re: Fresh start [Re: syncevolution]

Hi.
El mié, 25-06-2008 a las 23:02 +0200, Patrick Ohly escribió:> On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 16:20 -0400, Phillip N. wrote:> > Ive installed version 0.8 (alpha1), wich seems to work well.> > I just have some questions:> > > > 1.- I see the events in date (the pimlico program), and not in> > gpe-calendar. Is is suposted to be this way?> > Yes. It synchronizes the calendar managed by the Evolution Data Server,> which is used by Dates, but not GPE.> > >  If not how do i make it> > write to the gpe-calendar database?> > Someone would have to write a SyncEvolution backend for GPE. It's not> particularly difficult, but I don't have the time to do it myself.>
Grate. Thanks for the aclaration. Ill try to get some time and try to doit.
> > 2.- I just messup almost all our meeting in the office calendar> > (woops!), wich im restoring, by hand.> > You didn't say whether that was a software or user error. If you think> it was SyncEvolution's fault, then please let me know.
Know i know what happened.I sync. and all event were messed up becouse of the timezone. (im-GMT4).So i delete the dates database and sync again, and i think it wastwo-ways, so i guess it a user problem (doh!).
Now, i finish setup my timezone (im really -4 now in the device), andsync again. and the items are still not in sync with the timezone.I see items with this comming from the server:DTEND:20080627T230000Z              DTSTART:20080627T193000Z
Is that in the correct format? i mean, i guess the Z means its GMT+00,and my n800 has the correct timezone. I guess there is two options:a.- problem of the server sending the wrong time or timezone.b.- the timezone support is not 100% perfect?

> > On this occasion let me point out that SyncEvolution does a complete> database dump in vCard resp. iCalendar format before each sync. When> using the "logdir" option one can keep the last n of these dumps around.> If some major goof-up happens, one can restore from that dump - at least> with Evolution on the desktop. I haven't tried importing with Dates or> Contacts. Perhaps I should add an option to do it via syncevolution> itself.>
Thanks for the tip, i got the file. Ill try on saturday restore theevents using this. :) (lets cross the fingers)

> >  Is there a way to tell syncevolution to download all event and put them> > on the database, so have a fresh start? Ive try to specify sync=slow and> > change the deviceId.> > --sync refresh-from-server resp. refresh-from-client seems to be what> you want:> > $ syncevolution --sync ?> --sync>    requests a certain synchronization mode:>      two-way             = only send/receive changes since last sync>      slow                = exchange all items>      refresh-from-client = discard all remote items and replace with>                            the items on the client>      refresh-from-server = discard all local items and replace with>                            the items on the server>      one-way-from-client = transmit changes from client>      one-way-from-server = transmit changes from server>      none (or disabled)  = synchronization disabled>
Thanks!