Re: Anonymous wiki edits: disable NOW (please)

Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Frantisek Dufka wrote:
>> Dave Neary wrote:
>>> Yes. I understand the arguments - creating an account is a barrier to
>>> entry, and we might dissuade newcomers from doing minor edits.
>> Yes, exactly, so I guess you don't respectfully disagree with that after
>> all.
>
> Indeed, I do disagree with your conclusion that this does harm.

Oh I see, nothing to say then, different world view, nevermind :-)

This is the key, even if I find other your arguments presented so far
incorrect (including the one below), if you don't believe there is harm
there is nothing to argue.

> I'd prefer to have useful bug reports which the reporter can
> then see addressed, rather than useless reports which we have no option
> but to ignore.

Yet another red herring IMO. You can still ignore those useless ones, it
is not hard to spot useless one at first sight (no matter who reported
it). Also if there is no contact (!= registration, users can add cc,
bugzilla could request it for anonymous reports) others can fill missing
bits, with regular bug jar #x mails this is quite likely.

Cheers
Frantisek