Re: Diablo released

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 06:34:36PM +0300, Quim Gil wrote:
> ext Dave Sherohman wrote:
> > is there any reason for me to bother flashing my tablet (for
> > the last time?) today instead of waiting for Diablo + 1?
>
> Depends on your definition of "Diablo + 1"
>
> If you mean waiting for Diablo maintenance releases, the Seamless
> Software Update feature simplifies this a lot: users might get just
> package updates, no full release like until now. Since you are still in
> Maemo 4.0 you won't get the notifications, though.
>
> If you mean waiting for Fremantle... take a seat.  ;)

Well, really, I meant "whatever future version includes something I care
about, aside from a no-flash path for future upgrades".

I'll need to flash my N800 again at some point for one more upgrade, but
flashing it today for the sole purpose of not having to flash it when a
new feature gets added tomorrow seems a little silly when I can just
wait until tomorrow and flash it for the last time then.  Unless there's
another new feature that matters to me today...

--
News aggregation meets world domination.  Can you see the fnews?
http://seethefnews.com/