Re: Postal address in Contacts?

On Friday 20 June 2008 20:20:08 Mark wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 12:38 PM, George Farris <farrisg@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 18:09 +0100, Graham Cobb wrote:
> >> This has been added to gpe-contacts (by Florian Boor), it is currently
> >> in the code in SVN (and hence in my daily builds, for the GPE team to
> >> test).  It will be in the new release of GPE for Maemo which I hope to
> >> have available for testing around the end of this month.
> >
> > Are you going to have an option for it to talk to EDS, I sure hope so.
> If gpe-contacts doesn't already use EDS, it seems like it would be a
> *major* rewrite to accommodate it, and probably not worth the effort.

It has been talked about on the GPE list and, if I remember correctly, someone
did start looking into it (the rewrite would be limited to re-implementing
the libcontactsdb library, allowing the applications to not change).  But I
haven't heard anything recently.  Certainly it won't be in the update in the
next few weeks.

Graham